Happy New Year!

Each year my family gets together and spends New Years Eve at my Sister Suzie's house. This year with the storms and money situations, only the LOCALS were able to get together! We start out the evening going to dinner at the Panda Garden Restaraunt. There the adults (18 and over) enjoy a great meal without the young ones. We each order a different entree and then share with everyone. I love it! I am a big fan of Chinese food, and I love to have some of everything!
After dinner we all go to my sisters and the teenagers all go to First Night in St. George. Although this year they changed the name, I stick to the old one :) We hang out, play games and enjoy the night together. This year was no exception! I  got some party favors at the store pretty cheap and the picture above it the pile of it! The little kids (10 and under) had a great time popping them. We were all pretty excited they didn't turn out to be fireworks because it was SO COLD outside!
I was very sad that Brad didn't stay with me on New Years, he was too tired from working so early and so he took the 2 little ones home. It was nice to not have to worry about the little ones, but I missed having him there by my side a midnight!
I usually don't do a formal New Year Resolution, but this year I really want to make some changes. Last year I wanted to loose weight and I am so glad that I did. I work well with goals and so I am setting a few that I hope to accomplish:
1. Get my house organized!
2. Pay off Credit Cards
3. Read 1 book a month
4. Read the Book of Mormon
5. Keep up on my Blog weekely at least :)
6. Run a half marathon
I am sure nobody cares what I am doing, but having it written down (typed) gives me something to own up too! There are a lot more things I need to work on, but I am gonna start with this!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great list of goals. I should add "Get my house organized" to my list of goals. I just have to decide I'm up to tackling that. :) What half marathon are you looking at running? I think that's my favorite distance to run. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to run either the SLC half in April or the Thanksgiving point in April. Not for sure which one. Me, Diane, Jason, Darian, and Mike are all supposed to run it, you should join us! IT will be my first half, I don't want to even think of a full right now. I just can't commit to the training!

    ReplyDelete