Hiking in Zion






This past weekend we went to Zion and stayed with Brad's parents in their 5th wheel. We were supposed to hike the Narrows, but there was a flash flood warning and we didn't want to chance it. We took Emily with us and still went hiking. We got a cool new backpack to put her in and it was awesome, she was so happy and smiling the whole time. Everyone who passed Brad smiled and said nice things. Brad said "I didn't know people were so nice!"

It rained and rained all day Saturday but we still put in about 4 miles of hiking. We stayed over Sat night and played games. Got up early and came home Sun. We hope to get back in a couple of weeks and really hike the Narrows and Angels Landing. It was so fun!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I like Emily's cool new rig. She looks so happy and cozy in there. :)

    It's funny what you said about everyone smiling and saying hi to Brad. My friends that used to live back east warned me about all the mean and cranky people in NYC, but I didn't find any of them. Gwyneth was less just under a year old when we went there, and I carried her in sling pretty much the whole time. Everyone was so nice to me. They smiled and greeted and even gave me seats on the crowded subway. I guess maybe our irresistible babies bring out the best in people. :)

    ReplyDelete