First Day of School... 2008






MaKayla started 8th grade yesterday! She is growing up so fast! She is now in he middle school, so it's a pretty big deal!!

Izzy started Kindergarden yesterday! She is so big now! Yesterday was a warm up where I went with her and it was only 30 min long. At the end she looked at me and said "is that it?" She was pretty dissapointed in how short it was.

Today she went for the full day and all by herslef. I walked her to the sidewalk and then she said "OK mom, that is far enough, I can go from here!" Then she let go of my hand and started running....I stood there shocked for a second thinking where are the tears? where is the I am scared mom, stay with me?....I should have known better! But jsut as I was feeling abandoned, she stopped dead in her tracks, turned around, ran back to me, and gave me a great big hug and kiss and said "I love you mom!" then sher turned back around and ran.

I kept my composure but still made Brad wait until the bell rang and got in line to go into class JUST INCASE!! I teared up for a bit, but held it together.

It seems as though yesterday I was standing with MaKayla for her first day as she was bouncing up and down so excited! Now she is in Middle School!! Time flies by!

2 comments:

  1. They look so beautiful and grown up. Both the hairdo's are adorable. I am getting old.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Time flies by!"

    Yes it does! I am sure I am way too young to have a kid turning 12, but guess what happens next month nonetheless...

    Very cute pics! Give those sweeties a squeeze from their Auntie Lu.

    ReplyDelete