Truck Race Vegas!



We got tickets to the NASCAR Truck Race in Vegas for Sat night. So we decided to take the motorcycle down to the race. Well, it seemed like a really good idea at first! We would save lots of money for gas, and would have a nice ride down. Well it kinda didn't work that way. First of all, we only have 1 real motorcylce helmet. But, because I have a little head, I fit into the one we got MaKayla when she was 8! anyway, we filled up the camelpack with water and a jacket for at night when it got cold. I was pretty excited at first.

Well as you can see in the picture I didn't wear the red helmet long. About 10 miles into the trip, I yelled at Brad to pull over I HAD ENOUGH!! The wind was blowing so hard that I thought for sure my head was going to get ripped off! Also, my bottom was completely numb and I couldn't feel anything, I told him that "I could be peeing right now and wouldn't even know!"

Well because Brad was determined to go on the bike, he traded me helmets to help. HE IS THE BEST!! He looked a little like Jim Carey in the movie Dumb and Dumber, I laughed so hard, that I decided to try again before we turned around.

Needless to say, we made it!! We stopped about every 40 miles. That was the limit on my bottom, the wind stopped about 5 miles out of Mesquite and it was actually quite nice on the bike (other than the pain). We got to the race after stopping to eat in Moapa and we got an awesome spot to park in at the race. All the way to where you walk in! That was cool.

The race was awesome and had an incredible finish! Afterwards, we got out of there quickly because we were on the bike and could go around everyone, and took our time comming home! It was a blast (other than the pain) and I CAN wait to do it again!! I now understand the true meaning of being saddle sore!!

1 comment:

  1. I always thought it would be fun to take a road trip on a motorcycle. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete