Journal 09-19-08

So, since this is as close to writing in a journal as I get these days, I decide to write a few things on my mind. I am going to try to keep up with things as much as I can and with my obsession and love for blogging I think it will work. For those of you who actually read this, I am not sure how interesting this will be..
So, anyway yesterday I worked at the auto shop all day while Brad and his parents went to the auction in Vegas. As I sat there I realized several things that I am so grateful for that I don't voice very often and I take for granted. First of all, I am SO grateful that as for now I don't have to go to work out of my home full time. I have been blessed with Brad's income and the few weird jobs I do to supply us with enough money for me to stay home. Along with that I am able to spend each day with my beautiful daughters. I remember when I had to go to work when Izzy was little and it broke my heart. I am doing everything I can to not have to leave the girls again. I am also able to be with MaKayla when she gets home from school. I can run her things to school when she forgets, and be there when se needs me. I love being there to hear all her amaxing stories about school and her friends. I am also able to take better care of my home. I am not and never have been a good house keeper, actually I think I pretty much suck at being a house wife, but this year I am trying to do a lot better. Another thing is that I can be there for Brad when he gets home from work. I don't always - but when I do have the house clean and diner on the stove when he comes home I love the look on his face. I don't know why but it is a guilty pleasure of mine to feed him :) Another thing I am so grateful for is my Mom and Mother-in-law. They are the only reason I am able to do anything! Yesterday my Mom came to my house at 7:45am took Izzy to school at 9am got the baby a nap, then broght her to me while she went to Izzy's school to volunteer for me (since I was at the shop) came back and got the baby and took her home and watched her all day!! Not to mention how wonderful she is with my girls. She always lets MaKayla cook and bake at her house, listens to her stories, plays with Izzy all day long when she is there, and cares for Emily as if she were the only grandchild alive! My mother-in-law is also wonderful, she goes with me on my arrands to keep me company or even to just wait in the car while I run in some where so I don't have to take in the kids! She is always willing to help me and my family in need, and babysits at the drop of a dime! I seriosly would not be able to do half as much as I do if it weren't for the two of them!! I do not wish to brag, but am feeling very blessed, in times like now where things are rough and the future is unknown and money is a problem, it is nice to know that I have such a perfect set of families around!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cool post today, Steph. Thanks for reminding me to stop and count my blessings more often. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete