My first Half Marathon! April 30th

So I trained all winter long getting ready for my first half marathon. I drove to SLC and woke up to SNOW! It was freezing! But it was the funnest thing I have ever done! I can't wait to do another one!

My brother Mike drove down to SLC from Montana and ran with me! He is awesome, and way faster than me, but it was so fun to do together!

My high school friend Tori and her friend ran with me also, we ran together most of the way, it was such a fun time chatting and catching up on life while we ran!

This is me coming into the finish line, You can't tell, but I am in a LOT of pain! My father in law ran with me for a little bit and that helped out!

We had quite the group run that day, this is all the finishers (excluding my friend Tori) Melissa-a family friend, Luann - my sister in law, Me, Mike - my brother, Cynthia-my mother in law, Alex- my nephew, and #465 is Cynthia's friend I can't remember her name! Me and Mike ran the half and everyone else ran the 5K, my Mother in law, her friend, and Alex all won medals that day! WOOT!


This is my foot after the race! I tore 3 ligaments and 3 tendons :( OUCH! It took me 6 weeks to get back out running, and I am slowly building up again my distance, but I wouldn't trade it for anything, I had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment