Whipple Valley Hike

Brad has been asking me for years to go on this hike with him. The REAL one is 30 miles and we are doing it the end of Aug. The one we went on last week was half and a tester to see how I would do. He has gone on and on about how great it is, and beautiful and he did not exagerate one bit!! It was the prettiest place I have ever been too that I can think of. It was not as hard as I thought it was, and I did better than I thought I would . We hiked from Whipple trail start 6 miles up to Whipple Valley, then 1 more mile over to North Valley where we camped and another mile walking around checking it out, then back down. A total of about 15 miles in 28 hours!! My pack was 26 lbs. The same weight that I have lost. It was really emotional for me to do this hike carrying the pack. This is what I was working for. I wanted to be able to hike with my husband and be healthy.
It was so nice to be with Brad alone. Usually we are with other people, or our children. We were able to talk, laugh and play together with no interruptions. I love him so much and am so grateful to be his wife!
Anyways, I took so many pictures and here are my favorites:


Me about half way up, beautiful view, we have this same pic with Brad in it from his first time.
That is Pine Valley at the bottom

Brad hiking, it had rained off and on all day so we covered up our packs.

Me on the trail going home, it wasn't cold, but the mosquitoes were INSANE!!!


Our camp at North Valley. So peaceful and hidden!



I could not get over how pretty the trail was. It reminded me of a movie!




This is Whipple Valley. This is the view you get when you first walk out of the trees.





Brad filling up our water. This was the best water I have ever drank!


The trail through the valley Gorgeous



Brad enjoying our Cup O Noodles Lunch



Me with my pack, So proud!! I did it!

4 comments:

  1. You should be proud. 15 miles is a huge accomplishment. I'm proud of you too!

    Scott and I planned a back country overnight backpacking trip when we were first married. We bought all the gear and set the date... then I was pregnant and just wasn't up to it. We've never gotten back to it. Maybe someday.

    Great picks, and what a really amazing thing to do together. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say "great pics" as in pictures, not "picks" ;)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also meant to say congrats on the 26 pounds. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nince place to camp. my family can also go there...


    just dropping by...


    rona of

    http://ronasays.blogspot.com/2010/10/when-your-kiddo-is-out-of-control.html

    ReplyDelete