And I did drive 2000 miles!

Me, Andy, Diane, Zach, and Suzie
Coming from a large family, there is no way we are able to make it to every important event that happens. However, me and my sisters have made a pack that we will do what we can to go to as many events as possible. We usually can't take our whole families with us, but we take who we can (who there is room for) and make our way around the country!!
In the past we have driven to CA for a Mission Farewell, and even Oregon for my brothers wedding, talk about a road trip!! It always takes a lot of work and we almost always cancel, but when we are able to make it, it is ALWAYS worth it. We love our family very much and wish we could be there more for all of them!
This end of school year was a busy time for us. We had f2 nephews and 1 niece graduating from High School, and 1 nephew leaving on a mission. 2 of the graduations were on the same day in different states, so we werent able to make both.
We started out driving up to Tooele, UT for my nephew Derek's graduation. (Jenna my niece was on the same day in CA) Then we drove home that night. Then we turned around 2 days later and drove to Bozeman, MT for my nephew Zack's graduation. We staye 2 nights and drove all the way home again. Then 4 days later we drove back to Highland, UT for my nephew Sam's Mission farewell. OVER 2000 miles total!
Needless to say, we had a lot of time to talk and solve all the worlds problems while traveling. We had so much fun, some highlights were: The Beach Balls at Dereks grad, the sweet garage sale we hit the morning headed to MT, the baby moose and wild mother and baby coyote, getting lost about 5 times, and taking wrong turns (I have a hard time following the GPS Lady), and of course stopping 13 times on the way home from MT (all women and no men, what do you expect?) I am so lucky to have such wonderful sisters and mom too!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so cool that you are all so committed to attending as many red letter events as you can. Nothing beats a good road trip once in a while if you want a little bonding time.

    ReplyDelete