"I forgot my mitt!"

I had to post this funny story because we never know what our kids don't know!
Today Izzy had her first tee-ball practice. Brad went with her so he could see what she was learning and where she was at to know how to help her. Well first I mut say that she is NOT the smallest on her team! There is 1 kid smaller!
Anyways, the coach set Izzy up to bat, he got her all lined up showed her where to hold her hands put her feet, everything, she hit the ball 2 times and then moved, but when she went to hit it the 3rd time, she forgot where to put her feet, so the coach yelled put your legs together, so she did, all the way together, then when she got that all figured out, he said hold the bat back, so she did just that all the way wraped behind her head! When finally he go her all straightened out, she swung and hit the ball! YEAH! So the coach yelled RUN! But, Izzy never had played before so she was ready to run, but didn't know where to run to, finally they pointed out where she needed to run too, so she did just that, RAN holding the BAT! They all yelled at her to drop the bat and she did! But half way to first base, she stopped and yelled "WAIT I FORGOT MY MITT!" and then turned around and ran back to home plate, where her mitt was! When she got there, they told her she didn't need it and so then she turned back around to go to first base but was out! :(
It is amazing how much they know but also how much they DON"T know! So of course now she is home and her and Brad are outside practicing and learning how to play!

2 comments:

  1. Cute. I love it when they are just starting out in these team sports and have no clue what's happening. They are usually picking dandelions and counting clouds, or anything except watching the ball. :)

    When Alex was her age, the flyer came around for t-ball sign ups. I asked Alex if he wanted to join a t-ball team. His first question was, "what's t-ball". That was a fair question, so I explained what it was and that a lot of his friends might be playing too. Then I asked him again if he wanted to sign up. He just looked at me, dead serious, and said. "Why would I want to do that?" He didn't play that year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that story is so funny! i just realized i don't have your email address on my list of invited readers for our blog. i need to add you. :)

    ReplyDelete