Happy 10th Anniversary!


For our 10th anniversary this year I got Brad a new wedding ring (not even from a pawn store) and he got me a trip across the US in a helicopter. It was my first time in a helicopter EVER and it took us 20 hours of flying time, over a 4 day period. It was so fun and amazing. We went through 10 states: Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Oaklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and UT. It was so great to experience what Brad does for work and see the country at 500 ft above the ground.
Some things I learned:
-When people say that there are swamps in Fl they mean for hundres of miles there are swamps. The entire first day we flew over swamp land!
-Texas is HUGE! But also it is very FLAT! I never knew how flat it is.
-People are sincerely nice the further South East you go. People are still nice in the West, but not as genuine, more like they HAVE to be nice to you.
-Sulfer Springs, TX has nothing! Not a Taxi, shuttle bus, or anything! Don't Go there!
-Ruston, LA has the biggest rocking chair I have ever seen in my life! At least 50+ feet high!
-I love to TRAVEL
-AND THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOM!!!

1 comment:

  1. I bought Scott a wedding ring when we were engaged. He never wears it. Says it is uncomfortable on his finger. Oh well. I still love him.

    Your helicopter tour of the country sounds SO cool. I'm more than a little jealous. :)

    And yes. Texas is big. And very, very flat.

    ReplyDelete